Top 10 Medicine Delivery Apps for Healthcare in USA (2023)
One of the most significant changes in recent years has been the widespread adoption of medicine delivery apps. Gone are the days of standing in long pharmacy lines or worrying about running out of medication, thanks to medicine delivery companies and their online services.
And the best part? Many of these services offer same-day delivery, making it even easier for those who need their medication in a hurry. With the added benefits of prescription reminders, easy refills, and 24/7 availability, online medicine delivery apps provide a cost-effective, accessible, and time-saving solution for managing your health needs. It’s no wonder that patients have been flocking to these apps, resulting in significant growth in usage.
By eliminating the need for in-person pharmacy visits, these medicine delivery apps are making it easier for everyone to get the care they need.
List of the Top 10 Medicine Delivery Apps in the US
We have compiled a list of the top 10 medicine delivery apps in the US, each with its unique features and benefits. So sit back, relax, and let us take you on a journey through the world of medicine delivery apps.
Who knows, by the end of this blog, you might just wonder how you ever managed without them!
Charles R. Walgreen founded Walgreens in 1901 with a small food front store in Chicago. The chain grew to 20 stores by 1919 and currently operates around 8,886* drugstores in all 50 states. With a whopping 85,000+ healthcare providers, comprising pharmacy technicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and other health experts, Walgreens caters to a diverse range of healthcare needs.
The Walgreens app is a game-changer for those who prioritize their health and well-being. It offers a wide range of impressive features that make managing medications and appointments easier than ever before. With the app, users can order prescription refills with just a few taps, ensuring they never run out of important medications.
- Features: Quick Refills with Barcode Scan, Free Same-Day Pickup, Pill Reminders, Live Pharmacy Chat, Fast 30-minute Pickup, Cash Rewards, Weekly Ads, In-Store Scanning, Digital Wallet & Receipts.
- Reviews: 4.8/5 with 40M ratings on the App Store, praised for its quick delivery and excellent customer service.
- Website: https://www.walgreens.com/
CVS was originally named “Consumer Value Stores” but is now simply referred to by its acronym. The company opened its first pharmacy in Lowell, Massachusetts, in 1963 and has since grown to have over 9,000 locations, with its headquarters in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. CVS was among the first pharmacies to offer drive-thru prescription pickup, and in 2021, its ExtraCare program had over 90 million active members.
With over 300,000 employees, CVS provides affordable in-person and virtual healthcare, pharmacy support, and wellness products. Customers can manage their entire family’s prescriptions in one place and even schedule home delivery of their medications.
- Features: 1-tap Rx checkout, deals and rewards, saving with a weekly ad, barcode for more private pickup, 24/7 video health chat, schedule clinic visits and view wait times, order prints online.
- Reviews: 4.7/5 with 1M ratings on the App Store, praises for its user-friendliness, money-saving capabilities, and privacy features.
- Website: https://www.cvs.com/
Since its initial release in 2011, the app has undergone multiple updates and improvements, providing a range of features that assist customers in managing their health and wellness. Among these features is a pill identifier tool, which helps users identify unidentified pills. Additionally, the app includes a store locator feature that enables users to locate nearby RiteAid stores. RiteAid is a leading drugstore chain with 4,700 stores located in 31 states.
Enrollment in Rite Aid Rewards can be completed online at RiteAid.com, through the Rite Aid app, or at a participating Rite Aid location. Refunds will be granted within 90 days of the initial purchase date.
- Features: Obtain prescription easily, manage prescriptions reminders, receive refill notification alerts, manage family prescriptions in one place, view BonusCash transaction history, manage Rite Aid Rewards, and transfer prescriptions easily to any Rite Aid Pharmacy.
- Reviews: 4.6/5 with 70K ratings on the App Store, praising the app for its ability to help users keep track of their many prescriptions.
- Website: https://www.riteaid.com/
PhRMA is an organization that was established in 1958 and is responsible for the development of over 90% of the medicines currently used in the USA. They invest billions of dollars annually in research and development to discover and develop new medicines. PhRMA also focuses on the development of personalized medicines and the use of big data to enhance patient outcomes.
The app is designed to offer users important details about prescription drugs, including their indications, dosages, and possible side effects. It boasts a user-friendly interface that is both simple to navigate and available for free download. Additionally, the app is considered one of the best options in the USA for accessing drug delivery services, such as online medicine delivery, medical courier services, and pharmacy purchases.
- Features: Integration with other healthcare apps, medical terminology dictionary, personalized medication reminders, track and monitor health information, check insurance coverage, prescription refills directly from the app, track sleep patterns, monitor pregnancy progress.
- Reviews: Praised for its comprehensive usefulness for managing one’s health and medication regimen.
- Website: https://phrma.org/
Suggested Read: How to Build an Upwork Clone App in 2023? Know Everything!
In 2014, OptumRx, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, launched an online medicine delivery app. As the No. 1 HSA provider in the U.S. and having filled 1.3 billion prescriptions, the app offers a range of features including the ability to compare drug prices, view all your medications, and transfer eligible medications to home delivery. On top of that, customers can effortlessly replenish their home delivery prescriptions, monitor order progress, arrange automated refills, and enjoy a host of other benefits.
And if you’re still not convinced, consider this: the OptumRx app has saved users over $1 billion in prescription costs since its launch in 2013. That’s right, a billion with a “B”! So not only is the OptumRx app convenient and user-friendly, but it can also save you money on your medications.
- Features: Quickly refill prescriptions, find lower-cost alternatives to your current medications, and delivers at the lowest price.
- Reviews: 4.7/5 with 80K ratings on the App Store, many reviewers praise the app for its ease of use, convenience, and cost-saving features.
- Website: https://www.optumrx.com/
Epocrates, developed by two Stanford medical students, has been aiding over a million clinicians since 1998, enabling them to confidently prescribe medication, save time, and stay focused on the patient. It has been rated the best medical app for ten consecutive years by Decision Resource Group’s “Taking the Pulse.” The app meets HIPAA standards and boasts a one-of-a-kind mobile antimicrobial susceptibility feature, which promptly delivers location-specific data on bacteria varieties and resistance trends.
- Features: Identify a pill based on its imprint code or physical characteristics, offers drug interaction checker and pill identifier tools, 600+ dosing calculators, and drug coverage information for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans.
- Reviews: 4.5/5 with 6.3K ratings on the App Store, clear, quick answers without the need to read extensive studies, making it a perfect tool for busy healthcare professionals.
- Website: https://www.epocrates.com/
Capsule Pharmacy is a revolutionary new kind of pharmacy by hand-delivers your medication, same-day, for free. The best part? Capsule is completely free to use and you only have to pay your copay. Capsule makes it easy for any doctor to send your prescriptions to them, so you never have to worry about running out of medication or waiting in long lines at the pharmacy again. Plus, they’ll coordinate with your doctor and insurance company to ensure that you’re always getting the best care possible.
With Capsule, you can manage all your prescriptions from your phone, and even chat or text with a pharmacist for any questions.
- Features: Personalized packets for each dose, medication management, automatic refills, and free delivery.
- Reviews: 4.8/5 with 5.9K ratings on the App Store, praising for its ease of use, quick delivery, and friendly pharmacists.
- Website: https://www.capsule.com/
Alto Pharmacy, or simply Alto, is a digital health firm based in the United States, which offers a modern pharmacy experience with an emphasis on enhancing patient outcomes. It was established in 2015 by Mattieu Gamache-Asselin and Jamie Karraker and has secured over $350 million in funding to date. As of 2021, the company’s valuation was over $2 billion, and it has expanded its reach across the US, serving patients in major cities such as San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.
Alto provides a free app for pharmaceutical delivery services, featuring same-day deliveries, easy-to-reach pharmacists, and automatic savings investigations.
- Features: Easily obtain FSA receipts, link your bank account for an automatic 1% savings on every order, and manage medications for yourself and your family members through a single account, always free delivery.
- Reviews: 4.9/5 stars with 5.5K reviews on the App Store, many users appreciate the convenience and ease of use of the app, as well as its integration with healthcare providers and free delivery.
- Website: https://alto.com/
PillPack was founded in 2013 and acquired by Amazon in 2018. The app uses a unique packaging system to sort your medications by dose, making it easier to manage multiple prescriptions. The app does not have a standalone app available on the Play Store. However, you can access their services through their website or the Amazon Pharmacy app, which is available on both the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Features: Tamper-proof medication transport, multi-address delivery option, Alexa integration for management, automatic coordination with doctors.
- Reviews: 4.8/5 stars on the App Store, praised for its easy-to-use interface and reliable delivery.
- Website: https://www.pillpack.com/
NowRx launched in 2015, has physical pharmacy locations throughout California and Arizona and offers reliable prescription delivery to your doorstep in just one hour. The company raised $73M through equity crowdfunding for expansion and tech investment and is partnering with Hyundai to explore medication delivery via driverless cars. NowRx’s user-friendly platform includes reminders to take medications and process refills, ensuring you stay on top of your medication schedule.
NowRx operates in multiple locations including the San Francisco Bay area, Orange County, and Los Angeles, with five licensed facilities. They have successfully delivered over 100,000 prescriptions to 18,000 customers.
- Features: fast, free delivery, 250+ prescription options, live pharmacy support, accepts major insurance, and can scan paper scripts.
- Reviews: Reviews: 3.9/5 stars with 38 reviews on the App Store, praised for its fast and reliable delivery and friendly customer service.
- Website: https://nowrx.com/
There are many medicine delivery apps available in the US with varying strengths and weaknesses. Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, and RiteAid are popular options with convenient prescription ordering and a wide range of products. Pharma and OptumRx offer personalized medication management and price comparison tools, respectively.
The healthcare industry has undergone significant evolution and trends over a long period. Today, healthcare app developers are taking it to the next level by creating innovative solutions that are elevating the industry even further. It is widely recognized that healthcare mobility solutions will continue to be beneficial not only for the entire world but also for the healthcare industry as a whole.
So if you are looking to develop a medicine delivery app for your business, consider working with Gsquare. Our experienced team can help you create a custom app tailored to your specific needs and requirements. We will be delighted to help you!